Four years ago Red Hat released its flagship product - RHEL 7 - dominating the Enterprise Linux world. Now the much anticipated major release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, promises to be just as popular with today’s cloud and container-based IT world. Join us on May 29, as Red Hat Solutions Architect, John Walter, walks through the game-changing features and benefits of this new release. As a member of Red Hat’s training and certification team, John will discuss concepts covered in RH354, the training course developed to support RHEL 8. This new course is valuable to operators, managers, system administrators and other IT professionals currently working with RHEL 7 and looking to migrate to RHEL 8.
During this 1-hour session, John will discuss RHEL 8, changes from RHEL 7 to 8 and how this impacts certification for RHCE. Join us for a high-level overview of key RHEL 8 features like:
• Support for popular platforms: bare metal, virtualized, private cloud, and public cloud.
• More versions and more updates of supported, popular open source language frameworks and databases.
• Secure platform in cloud infrastructures and for emerging workloads like machine learning.
• Support of critical database workloads as well as support leading ISV applications and workloads.
• Faster and more consistent delivery in any deployment footprint with full coverage native automation.
• Transitioning and powering the adoption of containerized workloads.
John Walter is a Solutions Architect for the Red Hat Training and Certification team specializing in Cloud and DevOps technologies. John is a Red Hat Certified Professional with a deep knowledge of RHEL and its layered products. Before joining the Training team, John was an Engineer with Red Hat.